Pastor Holman, I really was blessed by yesterday's service...Thank-you. I have more questions for you in regards to what Paul is really saying in Colossians 2:14-17. From our previous conversation, I understand that Sha'ul makes the statement that he believes everything in Torah. I just can't seem to get the meaning of this passage because it sure looks like he is saying that the festivals, etc. are no longer necessary...that the sacrificial system can be done away with, which includes these festivals new moon, and Sabbath celebrations. Even after reading the CJB version, I'm still unclear. So my questions are:
1. What is the written code or regulation he nailed to the execution stake?
2. Who is the "anyone" we are not to let pass judgment on us in connection with eating, drinking, festivals, etc? Believers or unbelievers or both?
3. And is he referring to the seventh day Sabbath here or just those that came along with the festivals, new moons, etc?
4. What does he mean by "pass judgment"?
5. What is especially troubling and causing me to believe he is saying they are not necessary is verse 17...these are a shadow of things that are coming, but the reality is in Christ. In CJB it says but the body is of the Messiah...what does this mean? I know these are a lot of questions and I appreciate your time in helping me reason through them. I have prayed and asked that the Ruach would "guide me unto all truth".
Leviticus 20 Punishments
Would you please tell me your position on the following: Communion (how often is it performed at your services) XMAS trees, homosexuality, Leviticus 20-punishments for sin- and tithing. Thank-you.
Observing the Feast Days
I have attended worship only once with your assembly of Messianic Hebrew believers. The teaching was wonderful even though I did not understand all of the Hebrew words. My immediate family and I have recently been observing the Feast Days. However, I have been convicted that we may be trying to observe a right ruling that Yehoshua has already fulfilled for us by dying on the Cross.
Are we free from observing these Feast Days of Yom Kippur and Sukkoth that YHWH commanded for us to adhere throughout all generations? I don't want to slap our Lord and Savior in His Face by trying to keep a law that was nailed to the Cross once he became our Pascal Lamb, the Atoner of all of our sins. On the otherhand, I don't want to ignore a right-ruling that YHWH said we must do throughout all generations if it still applies after Yehoshua came to save us either. I am praying that the Set Apart Spirit leads my family and me into all Truth on this matter.
Is Jesus a Jew
I read most of this info on your network, yet as a christian I believe the way i heard u teach on the television & my 89-yr old mother likewise. Yet, it is hard 4 me to honestly believe that Jesus was a Jew. I know He was Adamic/Abrahamic-Hebrew, but to be born as a Jew is questionable 4 me. I have told my christian church this and they think I want to think hipocricrical as 2 believing? 2ndly, I believe in the Holy Ghost & the gifts of tongues - what does FirstTab teach in this regard? Trust me I do believe Yahweh/Yahveh wants us to worship Him on the Sabbeth - I also question why our faith fails this teaching of Christ?
<<return to top